You'll need a computer with a minimum of:
- a Pentium processor (or equivalent for Macintosh)
- a 333 MHz or faster processor
- a 56.6. KBPS modem for Internet connection
- 128M of RAM (to run a browser)
- 50M hard drive space
- Web Browser Software: Most recent versions of either Netscape Navigator (>=4.0), Mozilla Firefox (>=1.0), or Microsoft Internet Explorer (>=5.5) loaded onto the hard drive. Some distance learning programs will require or work best with a recent browser, you can upgrade your browser for free at Microsoft, at Mozilla Firefox or at Netscape.
You'll also need an Internet Service Provider and an e-mail account. And finally, you may find it helpful to have a printer as many of us like to see information on paper.